To read the information, please click on the tabs below. Click on the tabs again to close them.
Complete Courses - Guarantee
"Happy Teacher's day! Thank you for your patience and guidance! You are a great teacher to me.
Since you've told me to read ST, I am reading it everyday. I still have lots of grammatical errors. However I also have lots of improvement because of your comments and tips! I will follow your advice, read lots of English books." Idy Cheong - JC1 student
Our courses are complete because:
- All students go through foundation courses The reason why most students don't score high marks in Composition and Comprehension is because they do not have a strong foundation in these subjects. Our foundation course in Composition Writing teaches students in a step-by-step way how to write compositions (beginning, middle and ending paragraphs and various descriptions in 26 exercises). In addition, they write 20 whole compositions, one at a time improving with each one. In Comprehension students are taught how the fundamental skills of finding and answering comprehension questions in 27 exercises. They also complete 22 comprehension exercises. This thorough process corrects all weaknesses students have in these subjects.
- Continuous practice for improvement after the foundation courses For a small one-time fee, students receive UNLIMITED EXERCISES, (which we mark) until the final exams, so students continue to maintain and increase their performance levels in the subjects.
- This is why we can guarantee your child will score higher marks or we'll refund the full fees.
- Specialised courses Because we focus only in Composition, Comprehension and Grammar, we are able to create and design the best courses for our students.
- Complete courses also means your child does not need to refer to other lessons or assessment books for help.
- We suggest all students complete a lesson a week at the minimum in order to remember what they have learnt. As students learn in a step-by-step way, they can develop at their own pace. Quicker students can complete more lessons per week, while gifted students can take higher levels, for example we have a Primary 3 student doing the Narrative Essay Writing Course for Secondary One students.
Become independent learners
In our email courses, student read and understand each lesson; and then complete their exercises and submit them for marking. In this way students become independent learners.
Students are supported to do this, because all lessons are written in a clear and direct way, so it is easy to understand (so far no students has every asked us to explain a lesson) and should students have any questions they can also call or email the teacher.
Why become independent learners?
As mentioned in 'How to become an 'A*' student', our one goal is for students to confidently sit for the exams. To do this, students need to feel confident in reading, understanding and completing the exam questions. Reading, understanding and completing our lessons, slowly and surely train students to gain this confidence.
Reading and comprehension abilities improve
"My son, Sheraz was thrilled when he received an 'A' for English in the PSLE as he had only received Bs for the last 4 years. Thank you Mr Raja for guiding and motivating him to succeed in Composition Writing and Comprehension." --Mrs Sharvan
The main purpose of school is for students to develop their reading and comprehension abilities so as to answer exams questions correctly and brilliantly in the exams.
With each lesson in our email courses, students reading and comprehension abilities improve, so when it comes to the final exams, they can easily read, understand and successfully complete the exam questions.
The reading and comprehension abilities developed also raises students reading and comprehension abilities in other subjects - when doing their homework, reading their textbooks and doing the exams.
Think imaginatively, creatively and critically
"I learned the mistakes I've been making in my essays. I also learned the many ways I can compose a story. Most of all I've gained back my interest in writing. I'm very inspired." --Sec 4D student
We have specially designed the courses so that students are taught to think imaginatively and creatively in composition writing; and critically in comprehension. This is the difference between 'A*' students and other grades.
(Memorising and then regurgitating information out in a test or exam is not real learning. Real learning is being able to apply the knowledge learnt.)
What is real learning?
Real learning means students are able to correct their mistakes on their own. This ability prevent students from making mistakes in the exams.
Raja, the teacher, does this by giving hints for students to find the answers by themselves. If they can't, he'll prompt them to find the answers again. This may take sometimes two or three redoing of the exercises but he is happy and willing to mark them because he knows, THIS IS HOW STUDENTS REALLY LEARN.
Edit own work
"I joined the essay course in August, three months before my ‘O’ Level exams, and my exam score went from D to B". --Samuel Chong - Sec 4 Student
Many students lose valuable marks in the exams because they are poor in grammar. Students are trained to edit and correct their work for grammar, spelling and vocabulary errors. Students remember when they correct their own errors and are unlikely to make the same mistakes again. This is also real learning.
Raja, the teacher, gives hints on how to correct these errors and is happy and willing to mark redone exercises two to three times if the students do not get it right the first time. This is because he knows this is real learning.
Teachers in schools do not have time to do this so they give students the answers. It would be costly and time-consuming to do this with tuition or classes, but we have the time because we conduct these courses by email.
After three lessons, Mrs Glakoumatos wrote to us about her son who is in P6:
"Thank you Raja. You must have received his composition homework last night？He did it with such enthusiasm and he kept asking me to read what he had written and he gave himself an A ..Hahaha. You know, all these years I had a hard time getting Spyros to write compositions from P1; I was writing for him and he hated it so much because he was not taught well in school. Well, I was so happy that he enjoys writing compositions with you. Don't hesitate to lecture him if you have to. You have my blessing to do so. Happy marking. Cheers!" -- Mrs Glakoumatos
Students learn to enjoy and love writing. Raja, the teacher, loves writing and he transfers that love to his students. When students love writing, they excel in it; and so score high marks in it.
He also knows how to motivate your child to enjoy writing with encouraging comments and suggestions for improvement.
Time, money and convenience saved
"Thanks for your feedback to his writings. He finds your guidance useful as he has never thought of expanding his writings in the ways you have introduced him to in the last two lessons. Now, he realises why he did not score as well as he thought he should. He's pretty tied up with many projects in this programme, thus sometimes he will take longer than usual to complete your assignments. Nonetheless we are grateful that you have this programme to help him as he does not have the time to go for extra enrichment. Your programme is flexible for him to cope with." -- Mrs Lee (Mother of P6 boy who has taken up the Composition Writing Course this year.)
- Flexible learning schedule. Students can choose (with the help of their parents) to assign a particular day and time every week, for completing the lessons or students can do the lessons at any time they are free or they wish during the week. It is up the parents and students. In fact, some students send us their exercises, even while on holiday overseas.
- No need to travel to and from classes Time and convenience is saved because there is no need to travel to and from classes. The saved time can be used for hobbies, family get-togethers or for studying other subjects
- No need for assessment books or to look for other courses on the subjects Since the courses are complete, time is saved, as there is no need to seek for other ways to learn the subjects. In fact, your child will not need remedial classes too.
- Our fees are affordable because we are teaching by email and our teachers are working from home/offices. These savings are passed on to you.
- Free 30-35 lesson Grammar Courses Many students lose valuable marks in the exams because of poor grammar. Don't pay for additional grammar lessons; our students receive FREE our 30-35 lesson Grammar Course (depending on the level - Primary, Secondary or JC) valued at $550, when each is registered for any two courses.
Confidence in scoring in the exams
"Dear Mr Raja,
"I am fine, thank you. I have been achieving As and Bs for my English recently and I would like to thank you, as I would not have achieved so much if my parents had not enrolled me in your composition class in primary school. Thank you very much for the compliments. It's alright to put my compositions on the website, in fact, I am delighted that my compositions are selected to be put up on the website! THANK YOU! =) Have a nice day Mr Raja. :)"
BEST REGARDS, Glenn Tan"-- Sec 3 student
Students are confident to score in the exams, because students:
- Build strong foundations in the subjects, followed by continuous practice for improvement.
- Become independent learners who are confident in their learning ability to read, understand and complete compositions and comprehension passages on their own in the exams.
- Reading and comprehension abilities improve; not only for composition and comprehension, but for other subjects too.
- Learn to think critically, imaginatively and creatively.
- Are trained to edit and correct their work for grammar, spelling and vocabulary errors.
- Love writing - when students love writing they naturally excel in it. All parents want children to enjoy writing, don't they?
These are the reasons we can guarantee students will score higher marks or we'll refund the full fees.